Lights illuminate rack servers inside the data center of Equinix in Pantin, outside Paris, France, December 7, 2016.
REUTERS/Benoit TessierU.S.-based data centre firm Equinix Inc (EQIX.O) on Monday said it had signed agreements for additional joint ventures with Singapore's sovereign wealth fund GIC (GIC.UL) to add $3.9 billion to expand a data centre programme.
The joint venture projects are expected to close during the course of 2021.
GIC will own an 80% equity interest in the future joint ventures and Equinix will own the remaining 20% equity interest, the statement added.
Last year in April, Equinix signed a joint venture worth more than $1 billion with GIC to build three data centres in Japan for the cloud computing market.
Benoit Tessier, Equinix, GIC
REUTERS, Equinix Inc, Thomson
Pantin, Paris, France, Japan